Incident DetailsCause of Death:
Officer Arthur Barrows was electrocuted by a live wire which had been blown down during a storm.
When he arrived on the scene with his partner there were children playing near the wire. Having been an electrician in the past, he attempted to tie the wire around the pole it had fallen from.
The wire with 4,100 volts of electricity slipped and struck him on the right hand. He died from his injuries on the way to the hospital.
Although initially buried in an unmarked grave, a headstone was dedicated in his honor on July 29, 2003 after members of the department contributed to its purchase.